This recipe was in our local paper during the holidays. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon. I have had a commercially made version of this and it was fairly good but I think homemade anything is much better! Hope you'll give it a try and let me know how you like it. Edited: I finally made this and it is a wonderful recipe. Many people don't have crawfish, so I think lightly boiled shrimp could easily be substituted for the crawfish. Also, 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning could be added for an extra kick.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb cleaned crawfish tail
- Saute onions and bell pepper in a little butter, cooking until onions are transparent.
- Add jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients, except for crawfish.
- Add onions and peppers, then crawfish.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.