1/1 Photo of Crawfish Cornbread
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was in our local paper during the holidays. I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon. I have had a commercially made version of this and it was fairly good but I think homemade anything is much better! Hope you'll give it a try and let me know how you like it. Edited: I finally made this and it is a wonderful recipe. Many people don't have crawfish, so I think lightly boiled shrimp could easily be substituted for the crawfish. Also, 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning could be added for an extra kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb cleaned crawfish tail
- 1Saute onions and bell pepper in a little butter, cooking until onions are transparent.
- 2Add jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- 3Mix all other ingredients, except for crawfish.
- 4Add onions and peppers, then crawfish.
- 5Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 513.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g