Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is to die for. I bring it to covered dish dinners and there never a bit left. My sons request this when they drop by and take any leftovers home. As a personal preference, I use Louisiana crawfish, not the Chinese frozen. I do think there is a definite taste difference.
- Cook yellow rice mix according to package directions. Spray skillet with Pam and saute seasoning mix.
- When seasoning mix is tender, add tomatoes and crawfish. Simmer this until rice is cooked.
- Remove cooked rice from heat and add mushroom soup to rice.
- Spray 13 x 9 casserole dish with Pam. Pour rice mixture into casserole dish. Fold crawfish mixture into rice. Top with Mexican cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minute.
This dish was okay; however, not something I think I would make again unless I added some seasoning. It was rather bland IMO. I followed the directions completely and used fresh Louisiana crawfish tails but it just didn't come out like I was hoping. Perhaps the addition of some Tony's or some other seasoning would enhance the taste. I'm sorry I couldn't give this a higher review, but I didn't even finish my helping. My DH and 2 of my 3 kids that tried it liked it okay, but agreed that it needed something.