Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
OMG, yummy, yummy crawfish dip, perfect for parties....serve with crusty french bread!
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 onion, white medium chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- Saute' crawfish in 4 tbsp butter for 10 mintues, set aside.
- In remaining butter, saute' onion (both) for 10 minutes, add flour and tomato paste, blend well.
- Add half and half, wine, parsley, crawfish, salt, peppers, and spices.
- Continue cooking five minutes.
- Serve in chafing dish with fresh parsley and paprika, serve with crusty bread.