Recipe by ChefLes
Yummy creamy goodness.
Top Review by drlamb1
We do crawfish boils over here often. I was looking for something different for leftovers other than etoufee and gumbo. Decided to give this a try and I am glad I did. We love our cajun food over here and everyone was impressed. I would recommend this recipe.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 celery heart (usually the 3-4 stalks in the very middle with leaves)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb of frozen cooked crawfish, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups clam broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dashes paprika
- 2 dashes cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat soup pot at medium heat. Finely chop bacon, onions, garlic, celery hearts then throw in heated pot. Sauté until bacon browns and onions become transparent. Cut butter and melt. Sprinkle in flour and whisk to make paste add more if needed. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and stir to get out lumps.
- Add crawfish cook for 5 minutes Add bay leaves stirring 1 minute Add stock stirring slowly, add mashed potatoes and seasoning. Stir well to incorporate pots. Simmer 30 minutes Add cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty bread.
- This works just as well with lobster.