Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb chopped cooked crawfish tail meat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, crawfish, butter, salt and cayenne.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degees.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horeradish if desired and pepper sauce.
- Serve sauce with beignets.