New Orleans Style Crawfish Beignets. Serve with a Spicy Mayo dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces crawfish tail meat
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely-chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely-chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1In a deep-fryer heat oil over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
- 3Sprinkle crawfish tails with 1 tablespoon of seasoning and add to eggs.
- 4Stir in bell peppers, green onions, garlic, salt, flour, baking powder and milk; consistency will be wet. Using a large metal tablespoon, drop beignet mixture into oil and fry about 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- 5Do this in 2 batches.
- 6Using a slotted spoon remove beignets and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- 7Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning over beignets.
- 8To serve, spoon sauce onto 4 dinner plates and place 5 to 6 beignets on top of each.
- 9Sprinkle rims of plates with extra seasoning.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g