Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
New Orleans Style Crawfish Beignets. Serve with a Spicy Mayo dip.
Make and share this Crawfish Beignets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces crawfish tail meat
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely-chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely-chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a deep-fryer heat oil over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
- Sprinkle crawfish tails with 1 tablespoon of seasoning and add to eggs.
- Stir in bell peppers, green onions, garlic, salt, flour, baking powder and milk; consistency will be wet. Using a large metal tablespoon, drop beignet mixture into oil and fry about 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Do this in 2 batches.
- Using a slotted spoon remove beignets and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning over beignets.
- To serve, spoon sauce onto 4 dinner plates and place 5 to 6 beignets on top of each.
- Sprinkle rims of plates with extra seasoning.