Recipe by karen
I found this on Cooks.com and tweaked the recipe slightly, The original recipe said to serve them as they are, or to heat them in tomato sauce and serve over rice. I ate them on top of risotto. They are really rich, so go with a mild starch or sauce when you plan the meal.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces crawfish tails, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter until translucent & just beginning to brown. Add garlic and green onion and saute for a few more minutes, watching it carefully so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add crawfish and stir. Remove from heat and add parsley and bread crumbs, mix to combine.
- Combine beaten egg and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl, then add to crawfish mixture. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Wetting your hands to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands too much, form golf ball sized balls.
- Roll balls in flour and then fry in hot oil until lightly browned.