Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Tasso is/are(??) lean strips of boneless pork that have been marinated in a special seasoning and then heavily smoked. Used in cajun/creole cooking. If you can't locate tasso in your grocery store, I have purchased it from cajungrocer.com. This is a splurge recipe meaning it is VERY rich and fattening.
- 12 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tasso
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb frozen cooked crayfish tail, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fettuccine according to the package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the garlic; saute and stir constantly for 3 minutes or until tender (don't let it burn).
- Add in the tasso and next 3 ingredients; saute and stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add in flour; stir to combine.
- Gradually stir in whipping cream and the next 5 ingredients.
- Stir constantly while bringing to a boil; once mixture is boiling, cook and stir constantly for 1 minute or until smooth and thickened.
- Add in crawfish tails; stir occasionally and cook just until heated through.
- Place fettuccine onto individual serving plates; top with crawfish sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.