Recipe by DailyInspiration
You can combine the ingredients ahead, refrigerate the dish for a day, then pop it into the oven. Recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. Prep time does not include cooking time for wild rice and crawfish.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs crawfish tail meat, rinsed and drained (cooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as velveeta)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) containerlight garlic & herb spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup onion and bell pepper; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add crawfish, cheeses and soup. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stirring occasionally. Stir in wild rice and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.