Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Elizabeth's Edible Experience (Emeril Lagasse)
Make and share this Crawfish and Cream over Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g linguine or 453.59 g fettuccine pasta
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml chopped yellow onion
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 453.59 g crawfish tail
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 36.97 ml paprika
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 14.79 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml dried oregano leaves
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with the olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 2 teaspoon of Essence, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Add the cream lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring, to warm through.
- Add the onions and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Turn out into a serving bowl and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Serve.