Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Elizabeth's Edible Experience (Emeril Lagasse)
Make and share this Crawfish and Cream over Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with the olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 2 teaspoon of Essence, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Add the cream lemon juice and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced. Add the crawfish tails and cook, stirring, to warm through.
- Add the onions and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Turn out into a serving bowl and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Serve.