Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I can eat seafood everyday of the week. Serve as an appetizer or main dish. From Emeril's.
- 1 pie dough, chilled (homemade or store bought enough for a 10-inch pie shell)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface roll out dough to a 10-inch circle. Transfer to a large lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- In a saute pan melt butter. When it begins to foam add red peppers and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add crawfish and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and fold in cheese and green onions. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- Mound crawfish mixture in center of pastry circle, leaving a 2 to 3-inch border of pastry. Fold excess pastry up over filling, layering it over, but not completely covering filling. Work around circle, continuing to fold over previous fold, until it forms a rustic, freeform tart. Slide cookie sheet into oven and bake for 35 minutes.