Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Baton Rouge ADVOCATE Food 2-24-05 (Corine Cook) LO CARB
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tail
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green chili salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- In a small skillet, sauté crawfish tails in butter or olive oil for about 2 minutes to until warm--Do not overcook.
- In a bowl, combine crawfish, pan juices, artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Asiage cheese, and salsa.
- Stir in green onions.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until hot.
- For low carb eaters, serve with low card crackers or chips or over low carb pasta.
- For others, serve as a dip on crackers or as a topping for pasta.