4 hrs 20 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Original recipe using a crock and raisins. I have updated. Original recipe at least 100 years old. A whole chicken was boiled. Now I use chicken breasts. Serve a large number.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup craisins
- 4 boneless cooked chicken breasts, in chunks
- 1 large cabbage, chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar or 5 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1Place craisins in a small bowl with hot water. Set aside.
- 2In large non-metal serving bowl, add chopped.
- 3cabbage, turnip and carrots. Add onions if desired. Add salt and stir.
- 4Drain craisins.
- 5In medium saucepan heat vinegar, sugar, margarine, cilantro, mustard, cloves, and allspice and craisins.
- 6Note: you may use brown sugar or Splenda brown sugar blend if desired.
- 7Add chopped chicken and stir into cabbage mixture.
- 8Pour hot vinegar mixture over salad and toss to mix well.
- 9Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 10Before serving, toss and drain.
- 11The turnip is sweet and crunchy in this salad.
- 12Chill time is include in prep time.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Cravin Craisin" Chicken Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g