Prep 55 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Martha Stewart Show. It is FANTASTIC. I have tried it in many different incarnations, my favorite so far is stirring in 2 tablespoons of instant espresso powder into the boiling water. A little tip, use the best cocoa you can find.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. This batter will fill 3, 8” baking rounds.
- Add water to cocoa, blend.
- Add milk to cocoa and water, stir.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream sugar, butter, add eggs (Pre-Beaten) add vanilla.
- Add dry mixture alternately with chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 Minutes, let cool, then FROST!
- Stir together first two ingredients in heavy bottom saucepan on the lowest possible flame until melted. (This takes 30-35 minutes, depending on temperature of cream.)
- Add Corn Syrup, stir.
- Refrigerate until it reaches a frosting consistency.