Recipe by amdballerina
Delicious mix between chocolate chip-banana bread and coffee cake, great for dessert or breakfast.
Top Review by jorgydee
Have been making this cake for years only we call it Banana Crater Cake. This is the only banana cake DH likes I have tried others but he always says stick with what works. Thanx for posting.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas.
- Mix well till smooth.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of this mixture over batter in pan.
- Top with 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in 350F oven for 45 - 50 minutes.