Recipe by Ninna
Taken from Chef Jill Dupleix's recipe online.
Top Review by Recipe Reader
These are very good potatoes, and easy to make. After boiling, I tossed them in a bowl with the olive oil and the seasonings. Then I put them on the cookie sheet and smashed them with a glass. I drizzled the potatoes with any remaining oil and seasonings from the bowl. Very tasty! I look forward to making these again and again!
- 16 baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme (or crushed rosemary sprigs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 230degC (459degF).
- Don't peel the potatoes, boil or cook in microwave until they are cooked, without being too soft.
- Drain, and arrange on a paper lined baking tray, use a potato masher to squash each potato flat, until it is twice its original diameter.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and scatter with sea salt, pepper and herbs.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp and golden.