1/2 Photos of Crappie Fish Fry
For those of you living in the Midwest and lucky enough to snag those delicious crappie fish, here's a recipe that will do justice to those wonderful little fellas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Empty beer into a large bowl.
- 2Add the corn flour, salt, paprika, and cayenne to the bowl and whisk until you have light and frothy batter.
- 3Refrigerate for a least an hour but up to five days.
- 4In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat at least 2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- 5Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess; then dip them in the beer batter, coating them well.
- 6Fry in oil until perfectly golden and drain on paper towels.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce and hot sauce. Yum-yum! Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crappie Fish Fry
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 784.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: