Recipe by Cranky Ex-Chef
This is the granola recipe we used at my restaurant. It was a huge hit and very versatile - by changing the combinations of fruits and nuts we could have two or three variations on the same recipe on display at once. The yield is substantial so plan in advance for storage!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I ALMOST followed your recipe, I did add a bit more of the dried fruit, using diced apricots & pears, mixed with golden raisins! Easy to make & very delicious ~ Wonderful as a morning meal, but also sprinkled over a scoop of frozen yogurt! Thanks for sharing this great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rolled oats (6 cups)
- 8 ounces slivered almonds (2 cups)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds - 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces flax seeds (1/2 cup)
- 5 1⁄2 ounces sunflower seeds (shelled, 1 cup)
- 6 1⁄2 ounces coconut, flaked (1 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces brown sugar (1/2 cup plus 4 Tbs packed)
- 1⁄2 cup honey (or real maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, kosher
- 1 cup dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine all ingredients except the fruit in a large bowl and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle mixture onto two greased cookie sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool in pan and add dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.