1/1 Photo of Cranky Egg Sandwich
Crazy name - I know, but my husband is cranky most mornings and that's what we've always called it. I make this breakfast sandwich to get some protein into him and get him going. It's great when he's dragging at 5 or 6 in the morning. This is better and healthier than the fast food breakfast sandwiches. I wrap it in a paper towel and stick it in a open plastic sandwich bag so the steam can be released then serve with a big to-go mug of coffee. Breakfast on the run!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split English Muffin into two and put in toaster, till desired crispness.
- 2Meanwhile, in heated buttered (or nonstick) skillet cook beaten egg omelet style. Sprinkle garlic salt on top and flip over to cook both sides. Put cheese in middle of egg and fold edges of egg over cheese, like an envelope.
- 3On other side of pan cook the meat. If using precooked sandwich meat, just need to heat up.
- 4Slide cooked meat on top of egg & cheese to help seal in the melting cheese.
- 5English Muffin should be toasted by now and can be prepared by spreading on butter.
- 6Slide egg, cheese and meat stack on to one side of english muffin and top with second side.
- 7Also can change taste by omitting one ingredient or adding more. Try croissants, bread or biscuits. Or different cheeses, spices and meats. Most ingredients can be prepared the night before too (like splitting the bread, beating the egg). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranky Egg Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 294.2 mg
- Sodium 1185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g