Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crazy name - I know, but my husband is cranky most mornings and that's what we've always called it. I make this breakfast sandwich to get some protein into him and get him going. It's great when he's dragging at 5 or 6 in the morning. This is better and healthier than the fast food breakfast sandwiches. I wrap it in a paper towel and stick it in a open plastic sandwich bag so the steam can be released then serve with a big to-go mug of coffee. Breakfast on the run!
- 1 slice English muffin, toasted (sourdough, original or whole wheat)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 slice deli ham or 1 slice deli chicken or 1 slice bacon or 1 slice sausage patty
- 1 slice butter
- syrup (optional)
- jam (I use raspberry) (optional)
- Split English Muffin into two and put in toaster, till desired crispness.
- Meanwhile, in heated buttered (or nonstick) skillet cook beaten egg omelet style. Sprinkle garlic salt on top and flip over to cook both sides. Put cheese in middle of egg and fold edges of egg over cheese, like an envelope.
- On other side of pan cook the meat. If using precooked sandwich meat, just need to heat up.
- Slide cooked meat on top of egg & cheese to help seal in the melting cheese.
- English Muffin should be toasted by now and can be prepared by spreading on butter.
- Slide egg, cheese and meat stack on to one side of english muffin and top with second side.
- Also can change taste by omitting one ingredient or adding more. Try croissants, bread or biscuits. Or different cheeses, spices and meats. Most ingredients can be prepared the night before too (like splitting the bread, beating the egg). Enjoy!
This was a great sandwich! I made it for my kid's breakfast and it came together quickly. I used a whole wheat English muffin, Egg Beaters, deli turkey and grape jam. They have asked if I would make this again. Thanks so much for posting!