Even this monkey's bread needs a chocolate fix. Best served fresh. Better served slathered in butter.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter (or spray with cooking spray).
- Combine all dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients except banana and peanut butter.
- Combine dry and wet mixtures.
- Mix in peanut butter roughly.
- Mash in banana and chocolate chips roughly.
- Bake in buttered loaf pan about 30 minutes.
This is a nice, moist flavourful loaf. I love all the flavours together! I did find it to be a little crumbly on the outside making it a little difficult to slice. It also didn't rise much. I'm looking forward to a slice for breakfast tomorrow.
This turned out pretty good. The recipe didn't say what type of pan to bake it in so I just used a regular loaf pan. Also after I put the batter into the pan I got to thinking I should have sprayed it with cooking spray first (recipe also never said anything). Needless to say it did stick to the pan. Good thing I took a picture of it beforehand. LOL Anyways, thank you for posting this good recipe. I will make it again because I liked the flavor just next time I will do those 2 small changes. 1. Make in a loaf pan. and 2. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. UPDATED 5/10/06.... made this a second time and the banana bread came out great without sticking. Thank you