Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this for Christmas 2006. Was a hit.....so yummy and quite easy for preparation. I threw frozen cranberries in my food processer and they were chopped perfectly.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries, coarsely ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine cranberries and sugar.
- Let stand for 30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Drain juice from oranges and pineapple,reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- Cut pineapple into small pieces.
- Set fruit aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for one minute.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add to cranberry mixture; stir in oranges and pineapple.
- Fold in sour cream.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners sugar, beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold into fruit mixture.
- Pour into a 6 cup ring mold or 12 individual mold lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold before serving.