Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This coffee cake blends two of my favorites -- blueberries and cranberries! If using frozen berries, you do not need to thaw them before folding into the batter. The recipe comes from the Catalpa Tree Bed and Breakfast.
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together 2 cups of the flour, and the granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until frothy. Mix in the milk and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture, and mix.
- Fold in the cranberries and blueberries.
- Place the batter in a lightly greased 9-inch tube or bundt pan.
- Mix together the remaining flour and the brown sugar, margarine, walnuts, and cinnamon and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve the cake right (topping) side up.