My mother just emailed me this recipe and rants and raves that it is EXCELLENT! It has cranberries, zucchini, pineapple and nuts. I have not made this yet but will definately give it a try.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup tightly packed shredded zucchini
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla and pineapple.
- Add to the dry ingredients until blended.
- Fold in the zucchini, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased 9 inch pie pans.
- Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans then cool completely on wire racks.
- Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
- Yield: 2 cakes, 8 wedges each.
- (Can also be baked in one greased loaf pan for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean).