Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I was looking for a lighter muffin recipe to try and stumbled across this one online. The zucchini keeps the muffins extremely moist without having to add a whole lot of oil. The cranberries pop in the oven and add a sour, gooeyness that I just love. If fresh cranberries aren't in season, the frozen ones work just fine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup zucchini, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, whole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- The dry team goes in one bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
- The wet team goes in a separate bowl (eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and zucchini).
- Combine the wet team and dry team, add the cranberries and stir until just mixed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I used half sugar. And I used frozen cranberries. Maybe 3/4 cup. They have a really good taste. Thanks Diet It Up :) Made for All you can cook buffet