Recipe by Lizzymommy
Different, interesting, and delicious! This will be our "orange" vegetable dish for Thanksgiving 2008. Prep time will be shorter if you already have cooked squash and sweet potatoes!
- 3 cups cooked and mashed butternut squash
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes or 3 cups yams
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry chipotle sauce (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the squash, sweet potato, butter, seasonings, and Raspberry Chipotle Sauce together until fluffy. Stir in the dried cranberries and orange zest.
- Turn into a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle on the pecans. Bake until heated through and the nuts are lightly toasted (approx. 15-20 Minutes).