Recipe by ct in ut
I love cranberries & I wanted to make a healthy treat.
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
This was a great recipe. The cranberry sauce and strawberry combination was very good. I put a small banana in, also; I also added whipped cream to the top of mine. I will definitely keep this one. I made this for "Think Pink 2013" recipe tag.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 20 ice cubes, crescent shaped
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry sauce, canned whole berries (1/2 of a 16 oz can)
- 2 cups nonfat yogurt, strawberry banana flavor (2 of the 8 oz containers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in order listed into the blender.
- Blend by pulsing on highest setting for about 45 seconds. You may need to tilt blender to crush more evenly the ice cubes.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Hints & Variations.
- Garnish with mint leaves & slices of strawberries floating on the top of the smoothies in frosted mugs for looks.
- Try different flavors of yogurt such as vanilla with a few drops of orange extract.
- Buy the canned cranberries in the Thanksgiving season when they cost a lot less and they are great for emergency preparedness too!