1/3 Photos of Cranberry Yam Muffins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BATTER
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yam, cold, mashed (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then either grease or paper-line a 12-muffin pan.
- 2FOR THE BATTER ~ In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- 3In small bowl, combine egg, milk, yams & butter, then stir this into flour mixture, just until moistened.
- 4Fold in cranberries.
- 5FOR THE TOPPING ~ In a separate container, combine 1 tablespoon each of granulated sugar & ground cinnamon.
- 6Using the batter, fill prepared muffin cups half full, then sprinkle each with cinnamon-sugar.
- 7Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- 9Best when served warm!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Yam Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 218.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g