Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes, 2008.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
OMG! These muffins have a wonderful flavor--the Yam-cranberry combo is fantastic. Add a spread of butter (real :) ) and BINGO...a breakfast or tea-time winner! Made as the Y in Le'ts P_A_R_T_Y event.
FOR THE BATTER
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup yam, cold, mashed (without added butter or milk)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then either grease or paper-line a 12-muffin pan.
- FOR THE BATTER ~ In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- In small bowl, combine egg, milk, yams & butter, then stir this into flour mixture, just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- FOR THE TOPPING ~ In a separate container, combine 1 tablespoon each of granulated sugar & ground cinnamon.
- Using the batter, fill prepared muffin cups half full, then sprinkle each with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Best when served warm!