Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original of this recipe comes from The Joy of Cranberries: That Tangy Red Treat cookbook, but it's been tweaked a little here! It makes a great breakfast bread, served warm wth soft butter! Preparation time does not include time for loaf to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until light.
- Beat in yams, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Stir in bisquick & cranberries until just blended ~ DO NOT OVER-MIX!
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool completely on wire rack.
- When completely cool, wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Serve at room temperature or cold, & refrigerate leftovers.
This is wonderful! I had taken out a frozen yam, thawed, and didn't want to eat it, but didn't want to waste it either. I had everything the recipe called for except the cream cheese, so I did some research and substituted Greek yogurt. I also used fresh grated nutmeg. Very yummy! Thanks for posting this recipe.
Outstanding! I zapped my yams in the microwave and mashed them up after they cooled. I was thinking about making muffins but I'm glad I stayed with the recipe. This is so moist and the flavor is very pleasant. None of the ingredients dominate the bread they compliment each other. My only suggestion would be to dust the pan with flour only because mine stuck a bit to the bottom. Thanks for posting. :)
This was delicious! And so quick and easy to mix up! I used a 15-ounce can of cut yams. These will make wonderful Christmas gifts for co-workers. Had to bake mine a little bit longer, about 65 minutes, and I think I'll leave it in the oven maybe 5 minutes more next time, as it could have cooked a little more in the middle, but still tasted wonderful. Thanks for posting! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.