Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe comes from The Joy of Cranberries: That Tangy Red Treat cookbook, but it's been tweaked a little here! It makes a great breakfast bread, served warm wth soft butter! Preparation time does not include time for loaf to cool completely.
Top Review by Dancer Jeanne
This is wonderful! I had taken out a frozen yam, thawed, and didn't want to eat it, but didn't want to waste it either. I had everything the recipe called for except the cream cheese, so I did some research and substituted Greek yogurt. I also used fresh grated nutmeg. Very yummy! Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yam, peeled, baked, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until light.
- Beat in yams, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Stir in bisquick & cranberries until just blended ~ DO NOT OVER-MIX!
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool completely on wire rack.
- When completely cool, wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Serve at room temperature or cold, & refrigerate leftovers.