Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be served as a salad over leaf lettuce, garnished with sweet and dried cranberries. Or how about as a filling in cooked acorn or butternut squash halves
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend, mixture
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries or 6 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook wild rice mixture according to directions on package and cool.
- This can be done up to two days in advance.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and cranberry juice, cook until cranberries pop slightly.
- Combine cranberries and cooked rice with the balance of the ingredients.