Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
An excellent and colourful low fat side dish for holidays or anytime. Try this as a stuffing for baked squash. Prep time does not include cooking time for the rice.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (about 1/2 cup raw wild rice)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (about 1/4 cup raw brown rice)
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Cook cranberries, sugar and almonds over medium heat in a saucepan stirring constantly.
- Cook about 6 minutes until sugar melts and coats cranberries and almonds.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook until heated through stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
This is delish! So easy to make, too. Took your lead and used it to stuff squash. I love the sweet and sour together plus the addition of the celery which gives it a bit of a crunch. I used the rice cooker to cook the two rices mixed together. I have a ton of fresh cranberries leftover from Thanksgiving to use- so this was great. Thanks for posting, I would make this again for sure.