Recipe by Tebo
An excellent and colourful low fat side dish for holidays or anytime. Try this as a stuffing for baked squash. Prep time does not include cooking time for the rice.
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
This is delish! So easy to make, too. Took your lead and used it to stuff squash. I love the sweet and sour together plus the addition of the celery which gives it a bit of a crunch. I used the rice cooker to cook the two rices mixed together. I have a ton of fresh cranberries leftover from Thanksgiving to use- so this was great. Thanks for posting, I would make this again for sure.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (about 1/2 cup raw wild rice)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (about 1/4 cup raw brown rice)
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cranberries, sugar and almonds over medium heat in a saucepan stirring constantly.
- Cook about 6 minutes until sugar melts and coats cranberries and almonds.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook until heated through stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.