Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very substantial side dish! Appropriate for the holidays or mostly during the fall/winter when cranberries are the best! *Bonus!* Not many ingredients and this recipe is quite easy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- Saute onion in butter in 10 inch skillet until tender, but not brown.
- Break up cranberry w/ fork in seperate bowl & add enough water to make 5 1/2 cups.
- Add cranberry mixture, rice, and your choice of seasonings to skillet & stir.
- Bring to a boil. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until all liquid is absorbed (about 25 minutes).
- Stir in celery and serve!