Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little dogs are served with a zippy curry-spiked sauce, & the recipe comes from the 1967 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook 'so good with FRUIT.'
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) packages cocktail franks, halved
- In saucepan, mix sugar, curry powder, salt, ginger, cranberry sauce, vinegar, molasses & Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat & simmer 5 minutes.
- Add franks & simmer another 5 minutes.
Cranberry flavor at its best. I made this for a seving of 7-8, and for 4 of us it was well enjoyed. Glad that I made extra. I did replace the molasses with corn syrup. The curry taste was fantastic here too. Made for Gimme 5.
Delicious. Doubled the recipe and made it for a pot luck dinner. Everyone enjoyed these tasty little bites. The only change I made was to use dark corn syrup instead of molasses, person preference only. Will try the sauce with some tiny meatballs some time too because it is so tasty. Made for PRMR game.
Tasty little weiners. I put them in the crockpot on low with the lid off for several hours to thicken up the sauce. I'll be making these again.