1/3 Photos of Cranberry White Chocolate Quick Bread Mix in a Jar
1 hr 10 mins
A moist and delicious quick bread mix for gift giving! Nothing says "I love you!" better than a gift from the kitchen. And especially one that fills the house of your recipient with the aroma of sweet, fresh baked bread. The dry ingredients are layered in a quart-sized jar and the jar can be decorated in any number of ways to reflect the occasion. Be sure to attach a recipe card or an embellished tag, to the jar, with the recipe, additional ingredients needed and baking instructions. Prep time includes putting together the gift jar as well as combining the wet ingredients before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I use fresh grated, but ground is fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
For Making the bread
- 1To make the gift jar: Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then spoon into a quart-sized jar with a tight-fitting lid. (I use a wide-mouth funnel to easily get the ingredients into the jar.) Tap the jar gently on the counter top to settle the flour.
- 2Combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and pour over the flour in the jar.
- 3Continue the layers with the dried cranberries, then the white chocolate chips and finally the pecans. Put the lid on the jar and decorate as desired.
- 4To make bread: Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x 5 loaf pan.
- 5Pour all the dry ingredient from the jar into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- 6In a small bowl, use a fork to beat the eggs lightly and then add the sour cream. Continue mixing with the fork until the sour cream is incorporated.
- 7Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and then add the egg and sour cream mixture. Stir just until combined.
- 8Spread into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack (with a layer of foil or waxed paper under the rack, to keep your counter clean.).
- 10Stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle or spread over top of loaf. Serve immediately or cool completely before slicing, to keep the slices looking nice.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry White Chocolate Quick Bread Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g