Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is from Better Homes. It looks so good ,kind of like pecan pie with cranberries but it has walnuts instead. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 pie crust, refridgerated, prepared
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 ounces white baking bar, chopped
- In a small bowl combine dried cranberries and brandy. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Drain and reserve 1 tablespoons brandy.
- Preheat oven to 325.Prepare pastry and line a 9 inches pie plate.
- In a medium bowl wisk together butter, sugar,eggs,and salt.
- Stir in walnuts, flour and chopped baking bars until just combined.
- Stir in drained cranberries and 1 tablespoons brandy.
- Spoon into crust lined pie plate.
- Bake for 65 minutes, loosely covering pie with foil the last 30 minutes of baking.
- Cool on rack.
I baked this at Thanksgiving. DELICIOUS!!! Everyone wants it again for Christmas. Just the right blend of tartness and sweetness. Most of all it's easy.