Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These bars are easy, yummy and pretty. Red, white and green makes a nice addition to a Christmas buffet.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries, orange flavored
- 1 cup vanilla baking chips
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 candied green cherries, cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9" pan with shortening and lightly flour (or spray pan then line bottom with parchment paper) .
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, water, eggs, hazelnuts and orange peel with spoon until dough forms (some dry mix will remain). Stir in cranberries and baking chips. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 7 rows by 5 rows.
- Icing: Mix icing ingredients with a fork until there are no lumps. Drizzle over cooled bars. Place a cherry half in center of bar. Let stand 30 minutes or until set.