Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
With a slightly crunchy exterior and a puffy, soft interior, this cookie satisfies both the crunchy and the soft cookie lovers. These look festive on a holiday cookie tray, but are delicious all year round! It's a creation born of several different recipes over the years. Using both butter and shortening is the secret to the dual texture. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use my homemade vanilla, Homemade Vanilla)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries (I like to use pomegranate infused cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl, cream butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Slowly add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts and beat well to combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture to bowl and beat well.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded 2 teaspoonfuls (or a small #60 cookie scoop) 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet (I just line mine with parchment paper).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just slightly browned and set on top.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow cookies to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to rack and cool before packaging. Store in an airtight container or Ziplock baggie.