Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe when I decided to do something a little different with cranberries. I used it to top a tart filled with chocolate truffle filling and it worked out great.
- 250 g water
- 250 g sugar
- 340 g fresh cranberries
- 2700 g heavy cream (approximately 3 quarts)
- 600 g sugar
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and place over high heat. When mixture comes to a boil, add cranberries and return to boil. Simmer for ten minutes. Strain mixture, squeezing to preserve as much liquid as possible. Discard the berry pulp. Allow cranberry sauce to cool, covered, at room temperature.
- Combine cream and sugar in large bowl. Beat with hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the cranberry sauce. Once combined, fold the remaining cream into the mixture, half at a time.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator.