Recipe by luvinlif2k
Submitted by the Nav Jiwan International Tea Room for the Extending the Table cookbook. This is known as Vatkattu Marjapuuro in Finland. It is often made with lingonberries which are plentiful there. You can also use apple, strawberry or raspberry juice + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in place of the cranberry juice.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cranberry juice to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- When juice is boiling, slowly add sugar and stir gently until dissolved.
- Stirring briskly, add the cream of wheat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. (6-8 minutes).
- NOTE: If using quick cream of wheat, cooking time should be 3-4 minutes.
- When mixture is thick, transfer to a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer at high speed for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy, and pink in color.
- Pour into serving bowl or in individual dishes.
- Serve within 2 hours at room temperature.