Submitted by the Nav Jiwan International Tea Room for the Extending the Table cookbook. This is known as Vatkattu Marjapuuro in Finland. It is often made with lingonberries which are plentiful there. You can also use apple, strawberry or raspberry juice + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in place of the cranberry juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring cranberry juice to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- 2When juice is boiling, slowly add sugar and stir gently until dissolved.
- 3Stirring briskly, add the cream of wheat.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. (6-8 minutes).
- 5NOTE: If using quick cream of wheat, cooking time should be 3-4 minutes.
- 6When mixture is thick, transfer to a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer at high speed for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy, and pink in color.
- 7Pour into serving bowl or in individual dishes.
- 8Serve within 2 hours at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Whip
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g