Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tried this recipe as it doesn't have any wheat or dairy. The muffins turned out delicious. I cut back on the honey to 1/3 cup and the recipe turned out fine. I did have to cook them about 10 minutes longer than the recipe says to. This recipe was in the Costco Connection newsletter as an excerpt from a cookbook called "Grain-free Gourmet".
- 3 cups almond flour (ground blanched almonds, also known as almond meal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with large baking cups.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine vanilla, honey and eggs, in another bowl, then stir cranberries into this mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cut with the batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (may have to cook additional 10 minutes until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
These are fabulous! I make them with dried cranberries. I cut the honey to 1/3 cup and add water to it to make 1/2 cup of liquid.
I love these muffins! I only use about 1/3 cup of honey and they were great. I always have the ingrediants on hand to make them when the mood strikes.
Wheat free muffins can tend to not have a lot or a nice flavor, but this was one of the best I have had. The almond flour gives a nutty flavor! I didn't use quite as much honey. I halved it and made seven muffins.