Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for the holidays to add some cheer!
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- 1 (48 ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 12 small cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Wrap spices in cheesecloth and tie off with kitchen twine or place in tea ball.
- Mix together all ingredients except wine and cinnamon sticks and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer mixture until warmed, about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and heat through.
- Serve warm garnished with cinnamon stick, if desired.