1/2 Photos of Cranberry Walnut Tart
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the makers of Diamond walnuts. Its incredibly rich and heavy, making it a perfect accompaniment to salad for a small lunch. The cranberries add a nice holiday touch.
My Private Note
to 8 se ...
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 236.59 ml flour
- 158.51 ml walnuts, ground
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 85.04 g butter, chilled and cubed
- 14.79 ml milk
For the Filling
- 1For the Crust: Pulse dry ingredients and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- 2Add milk; pulse until dough comes together.
- 3Press mixture into ball, and then press into a 9" tart pan.
- 4Prick crust with fork.
- 5Freeze for half an hour; bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- 6For the Filling:.
- 7Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add onion, sprinkle with salt and saute 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is tender and caramelized.
- 9Add cranberries and sugar, cook until they pop.
- 10Stir in walnuts and thyme, set aside.
- 11In a bowl, combine eggs and cream, whisk until smooth.
- 12Spoon walnut-cranberry mixture into baked tart shell, crumble blue cheese over top, and pour egg and cream mixture over filling.
- 13Bake at 350° until golden, and custard is set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 14Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Walnut Tart
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.3
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 162.7 mg
- Sodium 546.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.6 g