- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the onion and celery; cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the thyme and sage, stirring to coat; stir in the brandy; cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker; add in the bread cubes, walnuts, cranberries, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir in just enough stock to moisten, and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little more stock if the mixture is too dry.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours; serve hot.