Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the slow cooker.
Make and share this Cranberry-Walnut Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 8 cups bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the onion and celery; cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the thyme and sage, stirring to coat; stir in the brandy; cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker; add in the bread cubes, walnuts, cranberries, parsley, salt, and pepper; stir in just enough stock to moisten, and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a little more stock if the mixture is too dry.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours; serve hot.