Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A change from your regular slaw that is quite tasty. I always add a bit more cranberries and walnuts than this recipe calls for since I love the tartness of the cranberries and the added crunch from the nuts.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, onion, celery, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, mustard, and pepper in a jar with a lid. Pour over the slaw mixture, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Awesome salad! I have made this twice in the past two weeks. We absolutely loved it.
I really enjoyed this slaw! Just the right amount of sweetness and tartness. I halved the recipe and used Maple Glazed Walnuts with some pecans too. Thank you for a delicious salad! Made for ZWT4-Fancy Feinschmeckers!
Crisp chewy and sweet! I used red cabbage adding carrots. I cut back on the cranberries to 1/4 cup. Used a walnut oil to enhance the walnuts. Canadian Maple Glazed Walnuts is what is used for the nuts, since they were so sweet as the cranberries are as well I skipped the sugar. Cut the salt back to 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks!