1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I love pumpkin spice bread, walnuts, and cranberries, and found this fantastic recipe at epicurious.com. It was published in Gourmet magazine in October 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar, plus
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml dried sweetened cranberries (I plan to use fresh.)
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter 9 1/4x5 1/4x3-inch loaf pan.
- 3Line bottom and 2 long sides with waxed paper.
- 4Whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl to blend.
- 5Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- 6Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until blended.
- 7Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- 8Beat in pumpkin, then vanilla.
- 9Beat in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions each.
- 10Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- 11Transfer batter to pan.
- 12Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 13Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 14Cool bread in pan on rack 15 minutes.
- 15Cut around bread at short ends to loosen from pan.
- 16Turn bread out onto rack; peel off waxed paper.
- 17Cool bread completely.
- 18(Can be made 2 days ahead. Wrap and store at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Walnut Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3179.6
- Calories from Fat 1102
- Total Fat 122.4 g
- Saturated Fat 52.0 g
- Cholesterol 612.7 mg
- Sodium 3068.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 480.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 264.6 g
- Protein 54.8 g