Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy recipe from Ocean Spray. Baked in those disposible aluminum baking pans, it makes a great food gift for the holidays.
- 453.59 g can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 236.59 ml molasses
- 453.59 g can solid pack pumpkin
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml walnuts
- 887.21 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix together cranberry sauce, molasses, pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- In a second bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Add cranberry mixture to flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are well moistened.
- Divide batter between two 9 x 5-inch greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes or until bread tests done with wooden pick.
This is a flavorful, moist bread and it makes the whole house smell wonderful! It is so moist that if you are wrapping it to give as a gift, as I am, do not wrap it until the last minute. I think next time I will add a little more flour to the dough. What a great Holiday bread to make and share. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
I made this tonight and it was really a wonderful recipe, I have never made a loaf cake using cranberry sauce and pumpkin puree, what a wonderful combination of flavors, and extremely moist! I chopped up 2 cups of frozen cranberries on my processor that I had in the freezer, and added them to the batter...I made mine in three mini loaf pans. I have stuck this great recipe away in my favorites cookbook to make again. Thank you Denise for a great recipe!...Kitten:)