Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Something Special from Wisconsin. The state fruit is the cranberry, and of course, Wisconsin is the dairy state. The ingredients in this seasonal pie bake up into a wonderful treat for Thanksgiving. Our family first had this pie at the Elegant Farmer in East Troy Wisconsin. It took us quite a few attempts to recreate it. I think this is pretty close. You can make your own crust, or use a prepared one. Timing based on using prepared crust.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup whole walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash and drain cranberries.
- Mix cranberries, walnuts and brown sugar.
- Combine egg, sugar, butter and flour.
- Beat well.
- Spread on top of cranberry/walnut mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
This was really good. The custard was really thick, but it set well and tasted amazing! My family loved the tartness of the cranberries! thanks