Recipe by ChesBayCruiser
This recipe is based on an Oatmeal Raisin recipe a friend provided, and are now officially my favorite cookie on the planet. A huge hit with my wife, kids, family and friends!
Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups craisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible. (DO NOT Over mix -- this will make a tough cookie.)
- Add oats, Craisins and walnuts; stir to incorporate.
- Drop cookies (about 2 tablespoons ea) 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-15 minutes (on center rack), or until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.